RE: Title question

To: <who@sover.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Title question
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:48:08 -0500
Winnie,

I actually looked in to the "Frankenstein" way, but it would be expensive!!
Indiana uses excise tax to fund the roads, the governors pockets, etc.
Excise tax is computed on the year of the vehicle.  00 pay more than the 99
who pay more than the 98, etc.  There's a cut off (7 yrs???) where it goes
to a flat fee.  (BTW, that's why I've never bought a "new" car, just a used
one, can't afford the taxes)  If I register it as a "Frankenstein" or
"Assembled" here, it is registered as year it was assemble.  Therefore it
would be a '99, and high taxes.  Hey a 1999 Triumph Spitfire, That's pretty
cool.  I bet I would have the only '99!!

Bill

PS.  How would I register it in Vermont??