Re: new owners questions

To: "Nigel Anderson" <nigel.anderson@advancedeng.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: new owners questions
From: Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:14:45 +0100

Congratulations on your new Purchase

To answer your questions

 a.. My indicator doesn't flash (just a continuous light) on one side,
but works fine on the other, hazard lights work well too.  Can anyone tell
me what part needs replacing? I guess the relay, but is there one for each
side or a sepeate one for the hazards?

Mine did exactly the same it turned out that the earth connection between
my front sidelight and the quarter valance had rusted away (as well as the
rest of the sidelight) I replaced it and no more problems. Check the
various body earths before changing relays.

    b.. Can anyone recommend a good repair/service book that is ideal for a
novice?

Haynes Spitfire Manual from halfords or check out the book section at TSSC
http://www.tssc-hq.demon.co.uk/tssc.html. Also the Practical Claasics
restoration manual is quite usefull.

    c.. I have a thin fuel pipe coming from the twin carbs that attaches to
the engine valance and drips petrol onto the floor, is this right?

No