Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: Ghess4 <ghess4@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:29:16 -0800
> *I have no facts to support this but an amazing number of
> people with small
> aircooled motors think that the alcohol in today's fuel is
> the cause for all
> the plugged up **fuel systems

I likewise can't prove it, but I believe there is more to it than just
ethanol.  "Reformulated" gasoline has a whole bunch of restrictions as to
vapor pressure, sulfur content and so on.  It looks, smells and acts a lot
different than I would expect from just dumping a pint of "white lightning"
into every gallon of "classic" gasoline.

And ethanol by itself evaporates cleanly, rather than leaving that hard,
white deposit that clogs jets and so on.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums