Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:26:57 -0600
I don't know if this is still true, but in the 80's Briggs and
Tecumseh both would not honor a warranty on a motor if they found
ethanol in the tank.  We used to have a test kit that would give us
the exact amount of ethanol in the gas.  Trace amount were allowed but
anything over 5% and they voided the warranty.  In the 90's I think
they allowed 10%, but then they shifted gears and started complaining
to the oil companies whenever we found a sample that had more than
10%.