Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:37:06 -0600
Jets are one thing, but then the fuel has to go up through other
passages to the openings in the venturi.  You have to make sure all of
those passages are clear too.

Another thing I'll mention although it's only a small chance that this
is a problem- I had a mower that would run for awhile and then stall.  I
took it back to the store and they started it, ran it, etc. and it ran
fine.  They finally cranked it and just let it set outside and run, and
they noticed that after awhile it died.  They checked and there was a
suction built up in the fuel tank.  The fuel cap did not have the vent
openings that it was supposed to have, so when suction built up the fuel
would no longer flow into the carb.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums