Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:24:29 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, David Scheidt wrote:
>> I'd try a good off-the-engine carb cleaning before much else, and I'd just
>> go buy a carb kit to get new gaskets and a new needle and seat before even
>> starting. B Personally I've had very mixed results with on-the-engine carb
>> cleaning.
>
> I'd check the cost of a whole new carb, first though.  Some small engine
> carbs are stupidly expensive, while others are stupidly cheap. I don't
> know what the owner's futz v. fix properly numbers are, but I don't see
> it's worth futzing with if a new carb is cheap.

It'd have to be pretty cheap...

Pull the carb, pull the bowl, and disassemble the entire carb.  Be a
little careful and you should be able to reuse all the gaskets and
whatnot.  Blow carb cleaner through everything and visually check the
jets.  The two times something like this has happened to me, it was
because I had a jet clogged with a piece of crap.

Also replace gas with new if you haven't already, and check the plug.

Mark

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums