Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:51:21 -0500
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>

> It'd have to be pretty cheap...
>
> Pull the carb, pull the bowl, and disassemble the entire carb. B Be a
little
> careful and you should be able to reuse all the gaskets and whatnot. B Blow
> carb cleaner through everything and visually check the jets. B The two
times
> something like this has happened to me, it was because I had a jet clogged
> with a piece of crap.

The one I bought last summer cost $35 bucks.  The carb kit, which had
gaskets, a needle valve, and a couple o-rings was $15.  Twenty bucks
to not have to build a carb that had sat for five or six years, when
what was wrong with the carb was all the whatnot was now wasnot, seems
like a pretty good value.  Particularly if you're fixing the thing
because it's a tool, and you want to use it, and not because you're
fixing it to fix something.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com