Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos

To: "'John Miller'" <jem@milleredp.com>, "'Shop Talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:21:07 -0400
I disagree.  I've never had a turbo-timer (My only turbo-charged cars have
been my daily-drivers), but if I had a turbo'd car that I gave regular abuse
I think that a turbo-timer would be a nice accessory.  The engine already
has a pump that feeds oil to the turbo, so a timer that keeps the car
running does exactly what you're suggesting and does it for a heck of a lot
less money (and weight) than a dedicated system.

-Paul P

John Wrote:

IMO turbo-timers are bling.  If you wanted to do something useful you'd
plumb in a pump or pressurized accumulator that'd feed oil to the turbo
for 30sec after engine shutdown.

John.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums