Re: ceiling truss loading

To: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@surfree.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ceiling truss loading
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:18:07 -0500
They have these in the Travers catalog.  They seem to run about $1000 to
$1600 or so, in 1 to 3 ton capacities, with varied height ranges.  I'd have
to pull a lot of engines to justify that over a regular shop crane.  And
for those who think a shop crane uses up too much shop space, even with the
I beam overhead and out of the way, the two sets of legs seem like they
would take up a bunch of real estate.  I don't know about Spanco, but these
do not seem to be quick "assemble/ disassemble for storage" types of items.
 It looks like that process would take longer than pulling the motor.
Also, the lowest height range of any unit is 9 feet, which I suppose means
it must need at least 10 feet or so of clearance.  Maybe some day if I
start pulling several engines per day, and move to an aircraft hanger.