Re: ceiling truss loading

To: "Douglas Shook" <shook@usc.edu>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ceiling truss loading
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:39:50 -0500
Having used both, I like the ceiling hoist a bit better.  The main advantage
is that the legs on the HF folding shop crane are too high off the ground
to slide under the front of either of my British cars.  To use the shop
crane,  I had to put a couple of 4x8s under the wheels, both front and
back.

The ceiling hoist had the additional advantage of being able to lift the
engine higher.   With the 4x8s under the wheels of the Healey, the
folding crane could just barely get the engine high enough for the
oil pan to clear the front opening of the shroud.

Peter Schauss
Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB