Re: ceiling truss loading

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ceiling truss loading
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 02:57:00 -0500

-> Although I liked the notion of a ceiling hoist, when I compared the
-> amount of work necessary to do it right and prices, the
-> foldable wheeled shop cranes looked more and more attractive.

 I'd always used ceiling hoists, pushing the car back and forth as
needed.  A shop crane looked like it would be more useful, so I bought
one.  I barely had room to maneuver it, and when I wasn't using it, it
took a *lot* of room.  I began to wish I had paid a few bucks extra for
a folding one.  I finally *gave* the damned thing away; it wasn't worth
the trouble.