Re: ceiling truss loading

To: "Robert Bownes" <rbownes@neworks.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ceiling truss loading
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:41:55 -0600
Best source is something like "Machinery's Handbook" - most libraries have
it.  There are many, many formulae in there.  Analyze your situation and
pick the right one.  Your trusses constructed of 2x4's may well be adequate,
but it of course really depends on the depth of the trusses (vertical
measurement) as well as the dimensions (and weight) of the I-beam, and of
course, all-important is the load to be moved.

Contact me off-list with more info and I'll help.

Karl Vacek
'66 TR4A - IRS
'64 Amphicar
'16 Ford T Touring