Re: ceiling truss loading

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: ceiling truss loading
From: Jim Powell <jsp98m3@home.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:53:01 -0800
Just a couple of thoughts on engine hoists.

Get spare chains with hooks so you can pick up things besides a motor.

Different hoists will have a different spread between the horizontal
legs that go back under the car to counterbalance the weight you are
picking up.  These aren't always where you need them in the heat of
battle and can interfere with wheels and tires or your lift if you have
one.  I recommend getting some more boxes welded in narrower and wider
than the ones that come on the hoist so you can reposition one or both
legs to clear different obstacles.

Jim