Re: confusion sets in

To: Eric J Petrevich/LRM <inch@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: confusion sets in
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:56:59 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Eric J Petrevich/LRM wrote:

> Then I started getting confused.  People were talking about wiping off
> their tools.  My question is...
>
> Wouldn't a slight coat of oil/grease protect the finish from moisture in
> the air?

I've had 'regular' craftsman stuf rust, pretty quick even.  especially the
pliers, which aren't chromed, so what would you expect?  the chromed stuff
rusted, but it wasn't overnight.

I figure even when you wipe stuff off, you've still got a layer of oil,
etc. on the tool to protect it, and I can feel it when I pick it up again.
I cleaned my s-k wrenches once with detergent just to see if it was in my
head--it wasn't, they 'felt' clean(er).  didn't rust, either, but then
they weren't 'oil-less' for that long.

and if you keep them out of the florida humidity and make sure your kid
brother doesn't come over and 'borrow' your leafblower and leave the
garage door wide open all night than I'll bet rust wouldn't ever become an
issue.

scott