confusion sets in

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: confusion sets in
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:28:07 -0500
First off, I want to thank everyone on their input for the tools.  Looks
like everyone is seeing the "Craftsman" name going down hill.  I don't
think I'll get her CM stuff.

Then I started getting confused.  People were talking about wiping off
their tools.  My question is...

Wouldn't a slight coat of oil/grease protect the finish from moisture in
the air?

Also note, for my first set of socket wrenches (as a teenager), I didn't
have alot of money, so I figured I'd get a "no name" brand and abuse them.
Once they were dead, I'd get a good set.  What I have is a "no-name" brand
socket set (it is made in America however) that has a "lifetime Warrantee"
with wrenches and sockets that I CAN NOT KILL!!!! I've had these for years
and they are just as good as the day I got them (and they have seen TONS of
abuse)

Lastly, I remembered my "Metinch" set of tools.  I was VERY pleased this
the quality of them. Anyone have and BAD stories about them?  When I got
mine, it have 2- 3/4" wrenches, so I sent the extra one back and they sent
me the right one.

But I was thinking of building her a set of tools around the "Metinch" set.
 Any ideas?

Inch