Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?

To: Tim Mullen <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Subject: Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:46:45 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Tim Mullen wrote:

> Actually, Yes.  The accuracy is guaranteed for a year, the mechanism for life
> (it does say Craftsman on the handle).  As someone pointed out, you have
> to push the point (I had to take it to the store manager), but they have to
> repair/replace the wrench.  The rachet mechanism broke on mine...
>
> Hey, no one said it would be easy...

this was, of course, my point exactly.  the big, fat 'craftsman' right on
the handle, which _should_ mean guaranteed for life, right?  the drone
supervisor ended pulling a torque wrench off the shelf and showing me the
back.  said the accuracy for a year, nothing else.  he wouldn't take the
wrench, I was going to press his boss, but enough is enough, I thought.
fu[k 'em, I'm to the point where I'll toss a craftsman and buy something
else just to not have it in my toolbox.  I was always worried about it's
accuracy anyway...

scott

amazingly enough though, I've never had a problem returning other tools,
even those with obvious signs of abuse.