Re: 220v circuit in garage

To: shop-talk
Subject: Re: 220v circuit in garage
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 16:25:51 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Martin Libhart
<mlibhart@feist.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:01:47 -0500
     From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
     Subject: Moisture Filter

Just upgraded to a significantly larger air compressor, so I could
actually operate my tools without taking a break every 5 minutes for the
unit to catch up.  I previously had my moisture filter connected right
at the regulator outlet (I usually run a fairly short length of hose to
my tool), but cannot do so on my new compressor due to lack of clearance
at the tank.  I will need to "pipe" off of the regulator about 12" to
clear tank and mount the trap. What is the appropriate piping material
to utilize for this purpose? (For info only, it's a std. 1/4" hose
connection with 3/8 NPT; the compressor is 5 hp, with a max. output at
130psi.)

Any help appreciated.

Martin Libhart