Re: 220v circuit in garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, "Larry Spector" <lis@visix.com>
Subject: Re: 220v circuit in garage
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Date: Thu, 08 May 97 15:51:16 pst
The Most important thing is to get an electriclal subpanel of sufficient
size for future unplanned additions.  I have a subpanel in my garage that
has enough room to allow for two rows of 24 circuit breakers.  I only have
it half filled at this time.  If an electrician wires the subpanel
for you he will surely pull three wires (two 110 legs and the neutral).
The amount of total current draw can't exceed the primary wire/breaker comming
out of the main panel.  Though your subpanel may have enough breakers for
two hundred amps of electrical load you would never run all the appliances
simultaneously.  You have to manage the electrical load you are using.