Re: Craftsman Whitworth tools

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Whitworth tools
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:02:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, yd3@nvc.net wrote to mgt:

> I have some Sears, Craftsman, tools in Whitworth.  They are open ended
> wrenches, box end wrenches, and 1/2 drive sockets.
> Were they made in combination wrenches and 3/8 drive?
> Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

I used to have a full set of Craftsman Whitworth wrenches.  They were nice
tools, but unfortunately not theft-proof.  :-(  My sockets were 1/2 inch
drive too.  I don't remember seeing them in 3/8 inch, but that's no
guarantee of anything.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E