Re: Craftsman Whitworth tools

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Whitworth tools
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:31:37 -0500
Craftsman wrenches and sockets are no longer available in Whitworth sizes.
Snap-on has Whitworth wrenches and sockets available.  The last time I checked,
they have combination wrenches and both 3/8 & 1/4 drive sockets.  The 1/4 drive
sockets are six-sided.  The 5/16 6-sided 1/4 drive socket is one of the handiest
tools for working on my TC.

Snap-on tools are expensive - but you get what you pay for.  Many professional
mechanics wouldn't dream of having any other brand of tools at work.  Then
again, many of these same individuals use Craftsman tools at home. But as I said
before, Craftsman doesn't have Whitworth any more.

If you can't afford Snap-On, both Abingdon Spares & Moss have Whitworth tools
available.

Regards,
Charles Hill