Engine colour(s)

To: Lew Palmer <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, "'tom metcalf'" <mgtom@bright.net>, "'MMM List'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine colour(s)
From: Bob Rich <jearich@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:52:53 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
To Our Chief Tabulator:

First, I don't know Mike Franks' engine number, but the colour I recommended
for his PB engine was the same as I had used on Keith Henrie's PA engine at
Keith's request. The customer is always right. That was:

Alfa Red, PPG - DAR71936

Jack Simpson's N Type engine is painted with a similar colour, but it may be
even a little darker. It is:

036 - Mazda SU Classic Red, Spies Hecker, Series 270, 389680.

My personal cars:

Name:       "Bob" Rich

Car Type:   1933 J2
Engine #:   1161AJ (left Works with engine # 2175AJ)
Current Engine colour:  Ford Engine Red, NAPA #7892

Car Type:   1933 L1 Special (sorry Pip!)
Engine #:   519AL
Current Engine colour:  Ford Engine Red, NAPA #7892

Both engines were red when I cleaned them up. The Ford colour is a little
light and if I ever paint them again I think I will use the PPG colour which
is darker.

Good luck.

Cheers, "Bob".