RE: CC'ing a head

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CC'ing a head
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:17:20 -0800
It's really not hard to pop the rockers out and put them back in. Probably
easier than turning the cam on the workbench with all the spring tension on
it. Just run the adjusters all the way down into the head and you can pop
the rockers out very easily.

When you are calculating the combustion chamber volume, remember to include
the small volume for the head gasket (compressed thickness is about .040").
If you don't it will overstate your compression ratio. Technically you
should also check the deck height of the pistons, but that is usually so
small that it is negligible on a roadster.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA