RE: CC'ing a head

To: "'Mark Sedlack'" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CC'ing a head
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:48:32 -0800
Hi Mark,
        Okay I'm following you except where do I smear the Vaseline exactly?
I smear the Vaseline on the valve seats when the valves are up yes?  Just
enough to seal the valve but not gook up the combustion chamber?  Then I put
a light coating on the head surface to get the plexi to seal without getting
any in the chamber.  Okay I think I got it.  I am still scared to turn the
cam by hand though....How do I know its lubed?  The machine shop that redid
the head should of done that when they re-assembled right?
        Yep I have some burettes and syringes in my Halloween stash that I
have been saving for just this occasion.
        I just discovered that I have tomorrow off so I want to try to do
this then.

Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA