Re: CC'ing a head

Subject: Re: CC'ing a head
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:57:20 -0500
Daniel,
You'll need a piece of 3/16 or thicker plex, large enough to cover the
combustion chamber.  Dril a 1/4" hole, centered.  Rotate the cam by hand (
be sure its lubed, and a piece of wood as a lever helps) until valves for
chamber you're checking are closed.  Fixture, prop, brace, whatever, to get
the sealing surface level.  Get a graduated cylinder, a burrette with hose
and valve or a very large syringe ( might have one in your Halloween
stuff??)

Smear a thin coating of vaseline around the valve seats - just enough to be
sure they are completely sealed.  Wipe away excess.  Use 100 cc of isopropyl
alchohol, tinted with a drop or two of food coloring.  Smear a thin coat of
vaseline on the sealing surface of the head, close to, but not right up to
the edge of the chamber.  The idea is to get the vaseline seal, without
getting any in the chamber itself.

 Press the plex down onto it, twisting slightly to seat it.  Carefully pour
or drip the alcohol into the 1/4" hole, till the level comes up flush with
the bottom of the hole.  The clear plex lets you know when its full with no
air.  Subtract the number of cc left in the burrette from the starting
100cc, and you're done.
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH