RE: CC'ing a head

To: "'Al Boettcher'" <datsunsports@rogers.com>,
Subject: RE: CC'ing a head
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:41:30 -0800
That's a good point about taking it to a machine shop-wonder how much that
would cost.  I do have burettes and syringes at home so I might have the
needed equipment on hand.
        Now won't adding a thicker head gasket have the same effect as
shimming the came towers without the cam wipe problem??  If the centerline
of the cam is the correct distance away from the centerline of the
crankshaft won't it restore the correct valve train geometry?  Since I plan
on lowering the CR to ~8to1 my cam centerline will be slightly farther away
than a stock 'new' head right?  Will that cause any problems?  I don't think
so as the cam chain tensioning devices should take care of that??? I'll just
have to remove the shims from my chain tensioner.

Daniel Neuman
Oakland CA
69 2000