a few questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: a few questions
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 05:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

How many miles do you guys think one should get from the U20 timing
chain/tensioner/guides?  How do I check for wear besides waiting for the big
loud racket when it's beat?  Why do these wear relatively quickly?  I had a
280ZX with 225K miles & never replaced anything in the engine.  Of course it
had updated technology but just wondering.

Is there any significate difference in the U20 between 67.5 and 70?

When driving my car (2000 with SU's) I often have to "blip" the throttle to get
the RPM's to settle back down below 2000.  Is this the throttle return spring?
Any other likely causes?

Someone told me that when parking on a hill to put the stress on the emergency
brake instead of putting it in gear, letting the trasmission take the tension
then setting the brake.  Any validity to this?

Eric Hoffman
Atlanta, GA