RE: a few questions

To: "'Gordon Glasgow'" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: a few questions
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:04:38 -0700
Gordon always has great tips! Disconnecting the primary wire to the
points will help save them. The electricity wants to go somewhere, if
not thru the plugs. I also like that idea of using a ketchup squeeze
bottle for gas, great idea.

One final point about draining the oil etc. A few years ago, my
next-door neighbor got his 67 mustang running after it sat for over 15
years. He and a friend pulled the oil filter and drained the oilpan, and
poured fresh oil into the engine. They cranked over the engine and got
it running, and started celebrating for several minutes. Then they
noticed smoke and oil running down the driveway. They had forgotten to
put on the new oil filter. Big oops! Luckily the engine was not damaged.

Fred - So.SF