RE: Searching for a J15 motor

To: jdg1 <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Searching for a J15 motor
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 10:07:39 -0400
Why not? Grind off the MG letters and you wouldn't know it from the J!!!!

I knew we would would hear from Koala boy on this one.

......but I am sorry.......Nissan isn't a deity.

They shouldn't be regarded as one.   The are capable of mistakes and they
make them.

The F10, many of the horrible plastic 80's Z's.  MANY of the utterly forgetable
sedans,
the new 4 cylinder Z concept, the poor planning that got them in the current Z
situation
while all the competition is selling or introducing cool cars,

and yes..... the J-unk series engines.

Like I said before if you want Leyland junk just buy Leyland junk.   If it
weren't for the
NIssan lettering, you wouldn't know a J13 from a Leyland.  That engine is crap
whether
it has Nissan on it or not.     Not worth it's weight in sand.

And don't tell me I just don't understand it.   That is what Jag and Triumph
owners like to
profess.  A sad excuse for bad engineering!

L-series, VG30DE's, SR's, FJ's, KA's even R's and U's.  Nissan has made alot of
great engines,
the J simply isn't one of them!  sad, sad, sad.

Jim Tyler
(Currently building a custom Solex'ed R20, an L28 and VG30DE.)  Real engines,
for real cars.
No time to waste with J -unk.

(If you recall, I said the 66 style was the prettiest, I still profess that)