Re: Searching for a J15 motor

To: "jdg1" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Searching for a J15 motor
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 08:32:27 -0700
Well I can imagine the tires would'nt last long with a 4.88 rear end.  I
don't want to disclose my age, as you guys would think I'm an "oooooold"
fuddy duddy ( probably too young for that one too)  But my brother in the
"50"s picked up a '40 ford coupe, with a 52 olds v8 coupled to a high
gearing rear end, and was almost unable to use 1st gear.  Had a hard time
keeping the tires from spinning from a stop. Mostly used 2nd to take off.  I
wondered how an early 445 buick would fit in to a roadster.  They take a
different shape than most blocks.  Their heads seem to go upward than
outward.  More narrow.
but it would have to take a different rearend.  Like about 3.08 or 2.89.
But then that would raise the top end miles per hour.  I think 125 mph. in
the roadster has got to be frightening enough.  Would this change put it up
close to 200 mph ?