Re: Searching for a J15 motor

To: "Jim Tyler" <jtyler29@idt.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Searching for a J15 motor
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:36:34 -0700
>From: John F Sandhoff[SMTP:sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu]
>I got a call from a nearby fellow that's working on his '65 320 truck.
?He wants a little more pep, and asked if I knew of a source of a
>J15 engine. My notes aren't real clear, he may also entertain a J13
>or J16 engine.

>From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
>Truely a fortunate situation that calls for an engine swap!  Replace it
>with an L20 or a Z22 and don't worry, be happy....

That would be nice, and it would be what I would have done, except for 1
small detail, IT Won't Fit! The only other engine you can get into a 320 is
a R-16 with the shorty water pump from an RL-411. And only after mucho mods.

The "J" is a direct swap, But his "E" motor puts out! I encourage him to
rebuild the E-1