Re: cloud of smoke on start-up

To: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cloud of smoke on start-up
From: "Graham Evans" <evansg@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:14:10 -0400
If by "diminishes" you mean it goes away completely then it could be the oil
in the carburetor dampers is leaking when it sits.  Do you have to top up
the oil in the dampers frequently?  If so, then this might be your problem.
If by "diminishes" you mean it continues, but at a reduced level then it is
probably valves.

Second problem is you are running rich.

Graham
'68 1600