cloud of smoke on start-up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: cloud of smoke on start-up
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:54:25 PDT
Hello everyone,

I was curious as to what a cloud of whitish blue exhaust means on start-up.
After the car has sit for awhile on start-up it will expel a good amount of
whitish smoke from the exhaust then it diminishes although the exhaust is
still visible.  Could oil be leaking into the cylinders when it sits?

Another question.  When my car is started up cold I don't need to give it
any gas to start it.  However, if the engine is still hot I need to depress
the gas pedal to the floor in order for it to start up.  It just started
this one day a few weeks ago and it is getting annoying.  I have no idea
what could be causing it to do this.

Any help would be appreciated!

thank you,

Matt Peterson