Re: Roadster Fraud!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster Fraud!
From: Concerned <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:12:10 -0700
A question was asked and NOT answered.

Except by Paul at OROC! : - ))  That answer was No.

Somewhere it shifted to Roadster Suppliers and again was not directed there!

Some of you are losing sight of the objective, which is to keep others on
the List from being cheated.

I have been reading this list for a while now and have seen axes being
grinded and others accused.  I am watching one take place right now on THIS
very subject between old foes from other subjects.  And yet, not a single
person was mentioned or finger pointed on the List with the original
question.  I can see this battle because I am the original poster of the
question and have more responses than the rest of you!

Furthermore, there is nothing stopping anyone from making false accusations
now or later, read the archives, they already exist.

But when does your head come out of the sand, take a stand and look out for
the well being of others on the List?????

It was said "At what point does this all step out of the realm of
Roadsters?"  This is not a Saab Story, - the Datsun Roadster List is where
Datsun Roadster enthusiasts and owners reside, chat, and do business.  If a
person on this List has been out right cheated, frauded or what have you and
has made a long term effort to resolve the problem over a roadster incident,
how can that not be in the realm of roadsters?

Sure, as Paul said, call the Better Business Bureau or hire a lawyer which
is great for a business.  But the original question WAS NOT about the
suppliers who run a business.  It was about an everyday person on the List
who may be cheating others.  All suppliers I have dealt with so far have
been excellent!

Think about it!  How many people out there, let's say from California are
going to hire a lawyer on the East Coast over a hundred dollars?  It's not
cost effective, so you bite the bullet, keep your mouth shut and the hit and
run guy tags another on the List because some on the List don't want the
name posted there.  Time really is money.  If you don't believe it, hire the
lawyer who charges on the quarter hour.

Yes, I am quite sure people who fraud appreciate not having their names
posted.  And they will applaud you because it makes it that much easier to
cheat someone.

Speaking for myself and I am sure a lot of others out there ---- when I tell
someone I am going to do something for them, I do it or I tell them I am
sorry and explain why not and return their money.  (That ladies and gents is
called integrity.)  I don't avoid them, ignore their phone calls or email.

Lets think about the new people on the List for a moment who are directly
contacted after making a request of the List.  The List on the whole is a
wealth of information and full of really great people.  And those reasons
alone are what made me drive to Shasta (first time) for only 8 hours on
Saturday.  I met a lot of nice people there and it allowed me to get back
issues of the Z Car Magazine.  But, -  my understanding is there was another
hit and run guy on the List a while back selling crap and then disappeared.
How many people got stung by that individual because others didn't want the
name posted?

I am also sure some of you have read reports of fraud through the use of the
internet.  It happens.  I just don't want to see it happen on the List.

Sorry, I am one over sized Boy Scout and to this day still know those scout
laws by heart.

Now, in the words of Marc Tyler:

"Stepping of soapbox".

Jim