Re: Roadster Fraud!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster Fraud!
From: jawalker@zcentral.com
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
Maybe i'm the only one here ... but i'm NOT a complete expert on roadsters. I
DON'T have my own personal parts source and i HAVEN'T dealt with all the
suppliers on the list. whereas i've never had a bad experience with a supplier
or anyone else on the list, it doesn't mean that i wouldn't want to take the
advice of other, more experienced roadster owners.

after all, that's what the list is for, isn't it? an informative mailing list
such as this exists so that we, as a group, may learn from the mistakes of each
of the members on the list.

i'm not advocating the creation of a "black list" filled with suppliers that
are deemed "bad". i do, however, think that it's important to know where others
have had trouble in the past and then decide for ourselves whether or not we
want to deal with these allegedly fraudulent roadster suppliers.

that felt more like a nickel

jOn Walker
69 2000

Quoting Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>:

> > out them on the list so we all know.
> >
> > time is money.  who wants to waste it.
>
> If we allow this are we also going to allow folks to make comments about
> the customers they've had over the years that say, put a stop payment on
> a check tendered for goods or services received, or special ordered
> something and then refused to pay for it? What about the customer who
> goes from one company to another, orders stuff and/or services and then
> weasels out of paying for it by accusing (falsely) the business of
> failing to provide satisfactory service? (yes there is at least one of
> those on this list) What about customers who bounce checks, or who's
> credit cards are declined? Can I start bad mouthing my writers when they
> miss a deadline and cause the magazine to be late? (and no Barrie and
> Tom have never done that:-) At what point does this all step out of the
> realm of Roadsters? And do we really want this list to become a soapbox
> for people with an axe to grind, or to become a kangaroo court. As it
> stands now if someone has something derogatory to say about an
> individual or business they can post a note to the list saying I had a
> bad experience with someone doing xyz, if you want to know more email me
> directly. Or as the original poster did, they can post asking if anyone
> else has had similar experiences. This gets the info out to those who
> care. It lets those of us who know better ignore the people we know
> simply have an axe to grind, and it prevents the list from becoming a
> kangaroo court.
>
> --
> Marc Sayer
> Editor/Publisher
> Z Car & Classic Datsun Magazine
> http://zcarmag.com
> Voice 541-726-6001
> Fax 541-746-0863/726-6001

Created at Zcentral.com - http://www.zcentral.com
THE BETTER WAY to manage your calendar, contacts, files, email
& personal information.