Re: Roadster Fraud!

To: "Mike Poorboy" <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>,
Subject: Re: Roadster Fraud!
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:16:58 -0700
> out them on the list so we all know.
>
> time is money.  who wants to waste it.

If we allow this are we also going to allow folks to make comments about
the customers they've had over the years that say, put a stop payment on
a check tendered for goods or services received, or special ordered
something and then refused to pay for it? What about the customer who
goes from one company to another, orders stuff and/or services and then
weasels out of paying for it by accusing (falsely) the business of
failing to provide satisfactory service? (yes there is at least one of
those on this list) What about customers who bounce checks, or who's
credit cards are declined? Can I start bad mouthing my writers when they
miss a deadline and cause the magazine to be late? (and no Barrie and
Tom have never done that:-) At what point does this all step out of the
realm of Roadsters? And do we really want this list to become a soapbox
for people with an axe to grind, or to become a kangaroo court. As it
stands now if someone has something derogatory to say about an
individual or business they can post a note to the list saying I had a
bad experience with someone doing xyz, if you want to know more email me
directly. Or as the original poster did, they can post asking if anyone
else has had similar experiences. This gets the info out to those who
care. It lets those of us who know better ignore the people we know
simply have an axe to grind, and it prevents the list from becoming a
kangaroo court.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher