Re: Roadster Fraud!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Fraud!
From: Gary Griffin <Griffcom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 17:12:59 -0700
eric gilbert wrote:

> I AGREE.
>
> I SPEND 20 MINUTES ON THE PHONE LAST NIGHT WITH SOME GUY WHO'S BEEN
> BUILDING ROADSTERS FROM THE GROUND UP FOR YEARS.  FIRST TIME TALKING TO
> HIM.
>
> HE SAID THE SAME THING I'VE LEARNED ABOUT A COUPLE OF THESE GUYS ON THE
> LIST.  TO THE WORD, IT DESCRIBED MY EXPERIENCE.
>
> IT WOULD SAVE ALL OF US A LOT OF TIME IF WE KNEW ABOUT THE PROBLEMS
> BEFORE GETTING INOLVED.
>
> WHY DO HAVE I HAVE TO HEART ABOUT IT AS AN AFTER FACT?
>
> OR SOMETHING BEHIND THE LIST UNDER THE TABLE?
>
> WANT TO KEEP IT POSITIVE, THEN FLUSH OUT THE HYPESTERS

Yeah lets hang the poor bastard(s) in abstentia. Hitler did it to the
Jews in the 1930's, racists did it to the blacks in the 40's, 50's and
60's now roadster people can do it to themselves in the 90's. If someone
is the victim of out-and-out fraud then they need to make the decision
whether they are going to take the guy out or not. You could say the
heck with what the list thinks and just blast the guy and it wouldn't
really bother me that much. My only dilema would be who to believ, him
or you? You could also pursue him or her in small claims court. Its not
very expensive, you may learn something about the law and it's actually
kind of entertaining. The old saying "let the buyer beware" is probably
the best advice when buying anything not in a regular retail
establishment.

--
Gary W. Griffin, ARM
Warren McVeigh & Griffin, Inc