Re: no more stupid charging tricks

To: cak@parc.xerox.com (Chris Kent Kantarjiev)
Subject: Re: no more stupid charging tricks
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 09:14:44 -0600 (CST)
> I hope this generator lasts longer than the one I took out, which had
> been installed last June! If not, I think I'll go to one of those
> modern single-wire alternators. It looks like I could hook up the
> output to the D terminal on the regulator box and have everything,
> including ignition lamp and ammeter, work...

Nope.  You throw out the regulator box.  The single-wire alternator has a
regulator built into it. That's what makes it single-wire!

The ammeter continues to be in series with the alternator.  I went with a
Smiths voltmeter so I could hook it in parallel.  Let's not start THAT
discussion again :-)

The ignition lamp?  I dunno.  I'd just ignore it, but I'm sure Pat can tell
you what to do.