Re: no more stupid charging tricks

To: cak@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: no more stupid charging tricks
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 08:37:13 PST
Chris Kent Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
>       So you've already converted over to negative ground??
>
> The 4A was negative ground from the factory.

I knew that.  Once.  A long time ago...

> Hmm. So how am I going to get my ammeter to work with one of the GM
> alts, hmm?

That's easy.  The ammeter has one side attached to the battery.  You just wire
the "output" lead of the alternator to the other side of the ammeter.

> (And why a separate lead for switched 12V?)

To de-energise the internal regulator when the engine is off so it doesn't
draw current.

A package is on its way to your address.

Happy Holidays!

   Pat Vilbrandt      Fluke Corporation      Everett, Washington USA
   pwv@tc.fluke.COM or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv