Re: refurbishing exhaust manifolds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: refurbishing exhaust manifolds
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 09:59:51 PDT
Jet Hot ant HPC are two companies that are providing "permanent" header
coatings. Their main aim is to build a potent thermal barrier, but the
end result looks nice and lasts well, too.

I had my new tubular GT6 header coated by Jet Hot, in the "satin
chrome" finish. it looks like unbuffed stainless steel, and since it's
an unused part, comes with a lifetime rust-through guarantee. Not
cheap, though - I spent about $200 on it, which effectively doubled the
cost of the header.

HPC reportedly does similar work at similar prices, though their flyer
doesn't mention any guarantees.

Dick Nyquist reported a while back that he had a manifold glazed by a
company that reglazes old enameled bathtubs, so that's another avenue to pursue.

Name:        MCCI/Jet Hot
Address:     5602 Orchard Rd
             Pascagoula MS 39581
Phone:       (601) 769-2701