RE: refurbishing exhaust manifolds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: RE: refurbishing exhaust manifolds
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6478" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 10:22:48 PDT
>Question:
>What DIY coatings have you folks used?  Eastwood makes one I know about.
>Are there any others?  How should we prepare the surface?  Bead/sand blast?
>Primers?  Any suggestions?

I've never tried any of the "brush on" type coatings (I'd like to hear feedback
about them too), but a guy I used to work with had a Corvette with the cast
manifolds that he had nickel plated.  As I recall, it wasn't that expensive, it
looked really good and it held up well, no dis-coloration or anything.  Anybody
else try something like that?

Mike G.