Re: refurbishing exhaust manifolds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: refurbishing exhaust manifolds
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1993 08:46:15 -0400
Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu> writes:

 I have always liked the Rolls and Jag manafolds that are ceramic
        coated. Why not one for a MG? I went to a friend that is a potter
        and asked her if this can be done reasonably. after careful prep
        of the manafold we coated with a thick glaze and put it in the
        kiln. The omly thing that I was concerned was will it crack, or
        dammage the cast. Well it has been 2 seasons now and the coating
        is just like the day it came out of the oven. Cost waas about $45

        paul

I see a company that regularly advertises in Hemmings (rather prominately
in the front, color section) called "Jet Hot coatings" (or some such name).
I believe they chemically clean your manifold/headers/whatever and then
apply a ceramic (or ceramic-like)coating to the part. I think at least a
few choices in color are available: Chrome, satin silver, white, black.
Don't know about others. It sounds like a quality operation. Does anyone
have any experience with them, or has gotten a quote from them?

One a different note: Hello again SOL'ers, after a long sabbatical from
network access, I'm now "connected" again.

-Bob T. <rbt@mailroom.itc.kodak.com) '79 Esprit S2 Commemerative