tyres

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: tyres
From: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
Date: Fri, 14 May 93 09:05:45 -0400
 >Can anyone recommend a good brand and model # tyre for a bugeye? I'm
 >  looking for something that will handle well for general weekend
driving.
 >  Also, what are my tyre size options?

Of the relatively cheap tyres,  I would suggest the Michelin XZX.  I've got
the original pressed steel wheels.  I've used sizes all the way from the
recommended 13-135 (those were Dunlop bias plys, about $10 a tyre) to
my 13-155 Pirelli P3 (nice and sticky on DRY pavement), to my current
13-165 MIchelin XZX set (the best of the bunch when it rains).  You can't
go too much bigger without having to flare the wheel wells, you could try
185s.  The Dunlops were by far the best for sliding the car through turns
with the rear end kicking out and general overall excitement, but I believe
you said something about general weekend driving.  I've seen the Moss
wheels but never used them.  I kind of like my pressed steel wheels with
the spiffy chrome "AH" hubcaps.

Mark M. Banaszak Holl
Brown University