re: ticking noise

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: re: ticking noise
From: bpeel@std.MENTORG.COM (Bill Peel)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 91 11:51:38 PST
Since this keeps coming up, I'll answer this once more.  And that will be it
since I've asked to be removed from the list because there is too much useless
static and opinion wars happening in this mail group:

1)  The main thing I wanted to get across was to use ROUND FEELER GAUGES.
    There was so much chatter about valves without anyone mentioning round
    feelers.  I thought round feelers might help the original sender solve
    his problem but I didn't/don't want to argue with anyone.  Is is my
    opinion that arguing is a moron's favorite pastime...

    Instead there seems to be some competition to find the most complicated
    solution rather than knocking off the easy ones first!  I'm not into it...

2)  I stated that there were two rules that my father and I used.  I reviewed
my
    mail and I did not tell/command/mandate that valves be adjusted while hot.
    I simply stated that was how we did it.

Parting observation:  There isn't much friendly sharing of information (which
is what I had hoped for when I joined this group) but a lot people, for
reasons unknown to me, want to pick fights and prove that there view is the
ONLY correct one.  I just don't have time to spare for such behavior or
narrow minded-ness.

I do not mean this as a global flame but some of you guys take yourselves far
too seriously and life's too short for playing games like that,

GoodBye - TigerMan