seats in TR6

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: seats in TR6
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 91 15:50:45 EST
|Date: 12-9-91  3:50pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: seats in TR6
   I took the seats out of my TR6 yesterday to see what was involved
in replacing the foam.  The top and bottom foams were more or less
intact, but the sides had disintegrated.  BTW, the car is a '73, so it
has the removable head rest seats.  As an aside, are the headrests
supposed to stay up by themselves when raised, or do they require a head
against them at all times ?  My question is:  are the sides supposed to
have a foam piece in them, or is there just supposed to be some kind of
other filler material?
   Has anyone tried cutting their own seat foams, to give a little more/
less foam in a particular part ?  I'd like to put a little extra in the
lower back region.

   Thanks,
      Dean