Re: Re: ticking noise

To: berry@hawking.wpd.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Re: ticking noise
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 91 15:36:31 pst
> I once saw someone adjust the valves on a Sprite, I think it was,
> WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING.
>
> Anyone ever see this before?  He claimed he could tell when the

Dunno about Brit car engines but you can buy little clip thingies for
the rockers on American V8 engines with solid lifters.  The clips divert
the oil back into the head while you're adjusting the values.  Can get
pretty messy if you don't use them.  I did it once without and squinted
about three quarts of oil onto my shirt and the ground in very short
order.