Re: ticking noise

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: ticking noise
From: berry@hawking.wpd.sgi.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 91 14:11:58 -0800
Dennis Wilson writes about adjusting valves:
 > /???  I'm not sure which is correct, all the books say COLD, but John Twist
 > who writes for MG enthusiast said do them HOT in a letter a while back in the
 >mag.

I once saw someone adjust the valves on a Sprite, I think it was, WITH THE
ENGINE RUNNING.

Anyone ever see this before?  He claimed he could tell when the
clearance was right by sliding the feeler gauge around; I tried it and
it seemed to work.

Of course, myself, I do what the manual says.  That trick was a bit messy...

  --berry