Re: Loose lug nuts

To: "Sean & Sabrina Johnson" <seanjohnson@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Loose lug nuts
From: "GM" <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:34:19 -0400
>When I put the lugs back -- with the crush
> > washers -- I sprayed WD-40 into them, turned them over so the excess
> drained
> > out, then screwed them on.  I did this to make sure that they threaded
> > easily and didn't bind.  I've done this many times before on other
> vehicles
> > and never had a problem.
====
I've been doing this since it came out, and used Liquid Wrench before that
on street machines, racecars, as well as knockoffs with no problems. The
only times I've seen this problem is with pulled stud threads.
====
 > > I agree with the comments about the 750 CFM carb probably being a bit
> large
> > for a stock 401.  That said, it is a vacuum secondaries model and I
> wouldn't
> > think a properly working unit would cause the behavior I'm experiencing.
====
Yeah, it for sure isn't working properly.
====
>In the short term, I'll probably have the carb
> > rebuilt because I'd like a good baseline before I make the switch to FI.
====
Well, it will be a baseline, but not a good one IMO as a properly
sized/tuned Holley performs pretty good WRT aftermarket FI kits.

GM