Re: Loose lug nuts

To: seanjohnson@attbi.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Loose lug nuts
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:25:16 +0000
====
When I put the lugs back -- with the crush washers -- I sprayed WD-40 into
them, turned them over so the excess drained out, then screwed them on.  I
did this to make sure that they threaded easily and didn't bind.  I've done
this many times before on other vehicles and never had a problem.
====
This really shouldn't cause a problem.  Lubing a stud or nut in order to get
an accurate torque reading is common practice.  Maybe using WD-40 instead of
oil or grease is problematic, but that doesn't seem right to me - WD-40
isn't an especially good lubricant - it dissipates quickly.

--
Phil Martin
"I'm a young man at odds with the bible,