Re: bricklin mailing list dead?

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
From: "yugoman" <mdrig@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:14:31 -0500
Well my wife has a 75 Bricklin (which she likes more for the curvy shape)
and I have an 81 Delorean (which I'm partial to cause I wanted one ever
since they came out. I was a little too young to know anything about
Bricklins when they were new).
Both are a pain for body repairs. The Volvo engine in the Delorean is
supposed to be very reliable, but a lot of people won't work on it. I think
the Bricklin mechanicals are probably easier to talk a mechanic into working
on them. Although when we took hers to be inspected year before last, when I
raised the door the mechanic said "we don't do kit cars'. :^( We tried to
educate him about Malcolm's baby but to no avail. The Delorean is better
known because of the movies, so many people we run across have never heard
of the Bricklin.
Deloreans probably are a little more hi-tech, but I like the power doors and
full size windows the Brick offers. I also like the leather seats and
stainless finish on the D. Both are a blast to drive. I think it would help
the public to recognize the Bricklin more if more owners would come to
Delorean meets and show that there's more than one winged beauty out there!