Re: bricklin mailing list dead?

To: jblair@exis.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:12:54 PST
I don't really understand your comment.  When I thought that the group
was off track, I did post a comment on that issue (if I remember
correctly, the post that I thought was off was something about an urban
legend or something).  I don't remember who the poster was (and it
really isn't important) but all of a sudden there was posting after
posting saying something like "joke" in the subject line and including a
joke of some sort or another (also, I think that was something about my
sense of humor).  Hey, no problem if that is what folks want -- it's
just not my cup-o-tea for a automotive based email list.  As to using
happy faces, well, maybe good advice for some but emoticons just aren't
my style. Kim

>Kim, you are entitled to your opinion, but instead of seeing people
mearly
>steel away, I'd rather see them state their objections, and try to turn
>things around.  While I probably have too much input to this forum, and
>contrary to some rumors, it is NOT the John Blair forum, I've been
trying
>to keep my hands a little stiller lately and give others a chance.
>
>The other problem that this medium has, is it is very hard to judge to
>tone of a piece of correspondence.  What we could get away with saying
>face to face, would really set people off here.  So please fellows, try
>to reread your posts before you hit the "Send" key, and if you are
trying
>to pull someones leg, be sure to use lots of happy faces. :)

[snip]